Watermelon is a fruit that contains 92 percent water in it and this fruit is very rich in nutrients and lots of health benefits. This fruit has lots of health benefits for skin, hair, health, and few side effects.
- 0.1 What is watermelon
- 0.2 History of Watermelon
- 0.3 Nutrition Value of Watermelon
- 0.4 Watermelon Facts
- 1 Health Benefits of Watermelon
- 1.1 Watermelon Averts Cancer
- 1.2 Watermelon Hydrate Your Body
- 1.3 Cure Inflammation
- 1.4 Watermelon Boost Immune System
- 1.5 Good for Sexual Health
- 1.6 Side Effects Of Watermelon
- 1.7 Cause Cardio Vascular Disease
- 1.8 Watermelon can cause Diarrhea and bad stomach
- 1.9 Watermelon can increase the Glucose level
- 2 Frequently Ask Questions(FAQS)
- 2.1 What Does Watermelon Do For Your Body?
- 2.2 What happens when you eat too much watermelon?
- 2.3 Is Watermelon Good For Dogs
- 2.4 Is It Safe To Eat Watermelon Seeds
- 2.5 Is Watermelon Good For Diabetics
- 2.6 Is Watermelon High in Sugar
- 2.7 What are the Disadvantages of Watermelon
- 2.8 what is watermelon made of
- 2.9 How much watermelon should you eat in a day
- 2.10 Does Watermelon raise blood pressure
What is watermelon
Watermelon is an edible fruit that contains almost 92 percent water. Watermelon looks green rind outside, red color flesh/pulp inside, and brown color seeds. 6 percent sugar inside the watermelon makes this fruit very sweet and refreshing.
History of Watermelon
Watermelon comes from South African countries and circulate all across the world and gain popularity. Some people stated that it is originated from the Kalahari desert of Africa.
Nutrition Value of Watermelon
Watermelon is very rich in calories, vitamins, and potassium. Every single serving of this fruit contains more than 45 calories, 12 mg Vitamin C and 4 percent potassium. Melon also has a good amount of fiber. Lycopene is another element which especially found in watermelon.
- Mark Twain the American writer called watermelon food of angels.
- Watermelon contains high lycopene(f1) more than the raw tomato. Lycopene the elements which increase the blood level(f2).
- Watermelon considers fruit as well as vegetable. This fruit is a part of gourds family which classified as vegetables.
- You can also eat seeds of watermelon. Watermelon seeds are also very healthy and tasty and lots of health benefits too. Just remove the brown skin of the seeds and eat the inner part of it.
- Japanese people produce Square Watermelons(f3). They cultivated the seed into square boxes and fruit take the shape as it grows.
- This fruit comes from melon family and it carries watermelon name because it contains 92 percent of water in it.
Health Benefits of Watermelon
Watermelon has lots of health benefits. Read the below benefits of this fruit.
Watermelon Averts Cancer
According to a recent study states that watermelon has elements like lycopene which has anti-cancer effects. Daily intake of Lycopene can decrease the chances of cancer(1). It also decreases the insulin growth factor because high IGF leads to cancer(2).
Watermelon Hydrate Your Body
As we all know our body needs to hydrate for healthy living. Mostly we drink water to hydrate our body. Fruits with High water content also help us to hydrate. Watermelon is 92% water in it(3).
High water fruits are very helpful in full of your tummy with a small portion of eating. High fiber and good value of water in watermelon make it a healthy hydrate fruit.
Another element found in watermelon is lycopene. Lycopene has lots of health benefits. In an American study found that lycopene can exhibit anti-inflammatory elements(4).
Lycopene considers the best in inflammation cases. It is also considered better than any other beta carotene.
Watermelon Boost Immune System
Vitamin B6 also helps to improve the growth of red blood cells and boost the immunity system (7). This is also a very good reason to add watermelon into your daily diet plan.
Good for Sexual Health
Amino acid citrulline is another element found in watermelon which relaxes and regulates the blood vessels which is good for erectile dysfunction patients. This improves erection hardness in men.
According to recent Italian study oral citrulline supplements can help men who are suffering from erectile dysfunction(8).
Watermelon can act as natural viagra(9). When phytonutrients element found in watermelon enter into the human body when it reacts and trigger the movements similar to viagra. This is the main reason some people called watermelon a natural viagra and good for sex fruit.
Side Effects Of Watermelon
Watermelon is food with hydrate properties and also consider as the most hydrating fruit because it contains 92% of the water in it.
Here are the side effects of overeating watermelon fruit
Cause Cardio Vascular Disease
This sweet fruit is very rich in potassium that plays a crucial role in being fit. This element handles electrolyte functioning and
Watermelon can cause Diarrhea and bad stomach
Watermelon is a very good source of water and dietary fiber(11). But excess eating of this fruit can reverse the effects and give you digestion related health problems like bloating, diarrhea, stomach pain,
Watermelon can increase the Glucose level
If you are suffering from diabetes then overeating of watermelon is not a good choice for you. Watermelon is a sweet fruit that is a
Frequently Ask Questions(FAQS)
What Does Watermelon Do For Your Body?
This fruit is full of vitamins A, C, B6, and minerals which help us to healthy skin and good for the immune system.
What happens when you eat too much watermelon?
Excess eating of watermelon can cause you stomach pain and loose motion.
Is Watermelon Good For Dogs
Yes, dogs can eat watermelon fruit but make sure you will remove the seeds from the fruit before serving it to your dog because watermelon seeds can block their intestines.
Is It Safe To Eat Watermelon Seeds
Eating watermelon seeds cannot result in growing this fruit in your stomach. Jokes apart, Yes watermelon seeds are safe to eat but you have to remove the brown portion first.
Is Watermelon Good For Diabetics
If you are suffering from diabetes then you can eat this fruit in the limit. As you know excessive eating of this fruit can cause you serious health problems because watermelons are very high in sugar.
Is Watermelon High in Sugar
Yes, watermelon is high in sugar but if you take in the limit then it has lots of health benefits too.
What are the Disadvantages of Watermelon
As such watermelon has no side effects or disadvantages but if you take more than etiquette then it can cause you nausea, diarrhea, digestive related issues, and stomach upset.
what is watermelon made of
Watermelon is made of 92% water and 6 percent of sugar in it. This is the main reason behind it named
How much watermelon should you eat in a day
Every 100 grams of watermelon contains 30 calories in it. It also a very good source of water. So if you eat 500 grams then you take 150 calories which is very sufficient for our daily need nutrition.
Does Watermelon raise blood pressure
This fruit has elements like amino acid known by citrulline helps to increase blood pressure.